Sunday 7 December 2014

7th Dec - Childhood Memories

The Challenge today is: Childhood Memories, now is the time to go digging and find a lovely childhood photo with a story behind it. You could even recreate the photo, then and now!

HeeSun Kim:
I was very hurt from when I was born. The doctor said I would die before 5 years of age. I was hospitalized for five years. Therefore, I don't have a picture of my childhood. My parents stayed at my side from morning until night, always came to the hospital. Grandma bought my older brother up. I can't remember, This day was warm & nice, I went to a picnic with my older brother.



Hilde:
My mum, and later I, put our photos in albums and wrote some notes/the story behind the photos along with the photos. This is why I know this photo of my brother, my dad and I, was taken in 1976 on a canoe trip close to the Swedish border. The snap shoot photos are often of poor quality, but still good enough to tell about the 1976 camping fashion :-)



Jinny:
I have only a small handful of childhood photos of myself at my disposal, and believe it or not, they've already found their way into an album.  So, I thought it might be fun to tell a story from my childhood on a page with pics of my own cuties.  It's all about a childhood tradition that I'm thrilled to share with my own kiddos today.  I've had that Echo Park bokeh paper for months.  Every time I picked it up I saw Christmas and am so excited to finally have gotten to use it.

Kat:
For this challenge, I found a photo of myself and my 2 best friends from high school.  We still remain close to this day.  So I scrapped the photo of us from 10 years ago and then a photo of us from this past October.  This challenge was so much fun - mainly because I got to dig through a whole bunch of old, great photos!!

Sindi:
I ran across this photo of myself at around age 6 or so. I think I remember that I fell asleep this night waiting for Christmas to finally arrive. I always was an impatient one! :) 


Tessa:
I recently found this photo of myself at about 3 or 4 years old. I don't know anything about the story behind this particular photo, but I thought it was a good representation of a collection of early memories - twirling in pretty dresses. I remember several different dresses I had - some with matching purses - and I think this childhood love of cute dresses is the reason I love vintage dresses for my baby girl today.

Please link up your childhood memories layouts to the side up, we would love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!